Welcome to the i-Tree Planting Calculator! v1.2.0
The i-Tree Planting Calculator is designed to help you estimate the long-term environmental benefits from a tree planting project. The focus is on greenhouse gases, but many co-benefits are included.
Users enter the following information:
- Tree species
- Size of trees at planting
- Information on the distance and direction to the nearest building (optional)
- Information about the tree’s growing conditions
- Estimated mortality (optional)
- The number of trees with each configuration
- Project lifetime (number of years)
- Specific greenhouse gas values (optional)
The following information is calculated (in units and associated dollar values) for the project life time:
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) sequestered and avoided (owing to reductions in energy use)
- Energy conserved
- Air pollutants captured and avoided
- Stormwater filtered
- Tree aboveground biomass
While i-Tree and its partners do not endorse any specific web-browser, the i-Tree Planting Calculator has been tested to work well with modern versions of Firefox and Edge. Please, use the Feedback form to report issues.
There is a known issue where Chrome cannot load project files from the homepage. Please, go to the project page, and load saved files from there.