Welcome to the i-Tree Planting Calculator!
This tool helps you estimate the long-term environmental benefits from a tree planting project in terms of carbon dioxide, air pollution, stormwater impacts, and energy savings.
How to use it:
It is easy to get these estimates!
Enter groups of trees with the following:
- Tree species
- Size of trees at planting
- Condition of the trees
- The number of trees in the group
- Project lifetime years
Optionally, you can enter more values to fine tune your estimates:
- Distance and direction to the nearest building
- Estimated mortality of the trees over the project lifetime
- Specific greenhouse gas values for your region
The following estimates are calculated in amounts and dollar values:
- Carbon dioxide sequestered
- Carbon dioxide avoided due to reduction in building energy use
- Energy conserved
- Air pollutants captured and avoided
- Stormwater filtered
- Tree total biomass
There is a known issue where Chrome and Edge cannot load project files from the homepage. Please, go to the project page, and load saved files from there.
i-Tree® does not endorse any specific web-browser, has been tested with modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Please, use the Feedback form to report issues. i-Tree is a registered trademark.
Warning: This tool can be very data intensive. It is not recommended for use on metered plans.
If i-Tree is not yet supported in your region, contact us to explore opportunities for funding collaboration.